How to Start a Chapter
Why Should I Want to Form a Chapter?
Since you are reviewing this material, we can assume that you are a person who is interested and motivated to assist and support your community. This way of thinking is the cornerstone to why you should consider forming a chapter. The motivation to establish a chapter should not be based upon the acquiring of riches or the obtaining of power; rather it should be to partner with your community and support those agencies who work day in and day out to deliver needed services.
Please review the Grants To You vision and mission to gain greater insight into our focus.
Why You Should Consider Forming a Chapter:
- By forming a chapter, you will have the opportunity to build partnerships throughout your community, working with colleges, with United Way, with RSVP, with grant experts, students, seniors and other motivated citizens.
- You will have the opportunity to support agencies that help those in need and, at the same time help seniors to live more meaningful lives and students to sharpen their skills and perform valuable community service.
- You will be able to improve your own skills in administration, community building, meeting planning, newsletter preparation, fund raising and grant writing and research, all of which will enhance the quality of your life and the lives of those with whom you are in contact.
- You will enhance your computer related skills as well, since GTU is in the process of creating an interactive WEB Site that will be an integral part of the day-to-day operation of your chapter.
Finally, when you form your chapter, you will be a part of a growing movement that we envision will eventually blanket the United States with over 100,000 volunteers writing and/or researching grants for their favorite non-profit(s) agency. We feel that this is an exciting opportunity for involvement, for community building and for personal growth.
Starting a Chapter
Grants To You has devoted countless hours developing the infrastructure
to enable chapters to operate in an effective and efficient
manner with a minimal need for labor. Our website is designed to reduce paperwork to a minimum and to enable
chapters to administer operations and generate the performance and activity
reporting necessary to satisfy the chapter, the non-profit agencies it
works with, volunteers, funders, donors, and Grants To You.
- Review the Operating A Chapter document (in process).
- Review the Chapter Application and License Agreement
- Review the List of Chapters in your County to assure that your geographic
area has not been assigned
- Review the overview on How to Operate a Chapter.
- Complete the Chapter Application and the Licensing Agreement.
- Complete the documents and mail to:
Grants To You
4926 Antelope Dr.
Prescott, AZ 86301
- On receipt of a written letter from Grants To You welcoming you as
a new Chapter and providing you with your password, proceed to form
your Chapter utilizing the Operating a Chapter document.
What is Required?
View License Agreement
Chapter Application Form